PayPal is the leading global online payment service built for the digital age. We now have over 162 million active customers globally and handle almost a fifth of the world’s online payments. We deliver the future of money – today, offering choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
PayPal is a truly global payments platform , available in over 200 markets, enabling consumers and merchants to receive money in over 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Head of International Communications is responsible for providing strategic communications, counsel, support and implementation for PayPal’s business across EMEA and APAC.
This role will manage and lead EMEA and APAC Communications teams, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and the broader Communications team to manage and develop PayPal’s reputation and further grow its business in EMEA and APAC.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Head of International Communications will:
- Manage, lead and develop EMEA & APAC Communications group, including staff and budget;
- Represent Communications within the PayPal EMEA and APAC leadership teams;
- Be the direct prime interface for Communications with the Head (Senior Vice-President) of PayPal EMEA and Head (Senior Vice-President) of PayPal APAC and their management teams, ensuring EMEA & APAC Communications teams collaborate appropriately with country or regional PayPal business leaders in EMEA and APAC;
- Provide PayPal Global Communications team and business unit executive team with outstanding Communications/PR strategy and advice;
- Identify risks and opportunities in order to develop short-and long-term strategies;
- Lead outreach and relationship management with relevant external stakeholders, in close cooperation with other support functions ( Legal, Compliance, Risk, Global Core Payments);
- Establish and maintain relationships with key European and APAC stakeholders;
- Provide creative, thoughtful and impactful proactive communications strategies, as well as mitigation of potential crises, further positioning PayPal as a leader in digital payments, financial engagement/inclusion, and a customer champion;
- Coordinate with Corporate Affairs teams on cross-functional projects and embody the One Team spirit of collaboration and inclusiveness;
- Work closely with PayPal Brand/Marketing team on strategies and initiatives;
- Travel regularly within APAC, to Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the US from time to time
- Minimum 15 years of leadership and development of strategic corporate communications or Public Relations management.
- Previous experience in the technology or financial services sectors is considered quite relevant.
- Proven experience in managing and leading communications within a global, matrixed organization.
- A sound understanding of both external and employee communications is helpful.
- Undergraduate degree in business, communications, financial services or a related field is required. Post graduate qualification in business is considered advantageous.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with great authority in a fast-paced environment with limited day-to-day hands-on management.
- Desirable candidates will be very flexible team players, able to consistently exercise sound judgment, have a significant degree of self-motivation, be very resourceful, collaborate pro-actively with other functions with limited direct supervision.
- Having built and grown successful integrated communications campaign strategies; including traditional media relations, social media programmers, influencers and marketing channels.
- Strong influencing skills, shaping dialogue through “buy in”, with the requsite presence and stature to influence and establish credibility with senior executives and external stakeholders in Asia and Europe.
- Excellent project management and organisational prowess, combined with the ability to handle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Must be able to establish a trustworthy working relationship with colleagues: excellent interpersonal skills and intellectual humility.
- Strong understanding and experience in Communications and PR within the EU and APAC, in-depth experience in financial services, payments, ecommerce or technology.
- Outstanding communicative skills in English is mandatory. Other languages are considered an asset.
From the moment you join PayPal your employment experience will be an outstanding and engaging one. The PayPal family is passionate and proud of its company. It is this vigor and attitude that helps them execute well, every day.
If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you.
All interested individuals should send their updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. HHM affirms the principles of equal opportunity in employment. We do not discriminate against qualified candidates for any unlawful reasons, including race, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability and expect our clients to comply with non-discrimination policies.