Headquartered in Oakland, California, Navis is the global market leader in building and implementing terminal operating systems and optimization solutions for ports globally. From Long Beach to Hong Kong, Dubai to Brazil, Rotterdam to Busan, Navis delivers enterprise software to optimize operations, which is at the heart of running a maritime terminal.
Navis’ latest projects involve advanced algorithms, new web technologies and application development which lead the way in automation and optimization in the industry, and will drive the future of supply chain operations. They are now looking for a highly experienced, dynamic senior Partner-Relationship professional to join their Asia Pacific team.
The focus of the Partner-Relationship Manager will be to manage, develop and grow the business alliance between Navis and ZPMC. The successful candidate must possess a proven track record of relationship management success, preferably within the enterprise software industry.
This is an outstanding and unique opportunity to help further build a world-class organization in Asia Pacific.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Engage with ZPMC, a strategic Navis partner, at a senior and strategic level to support the growth and development of this new alliance.
- Execute against the joint Partner Program, helping the relationship mature and align with mutually agreed revenue targets over the next 3-5 years
- Develop capabilities within the partnership to sell and implement Navis solutions independently
- Develop strategic account plans for joint client work, with cross functional and cross regional teams to execute against such plans.
- Participate in commercial engagements, positioning and negotiating with ZPMC.
- Establish and maintain consistent and productive communication standards and channels between both Navis and ZPMC.
- Develop a healthy and positive client relationship, facilitating business growth for near-term, medium-term and long-term opportunities.
- Report both internally and externally to ZPMC on engagement objectives, status and challenges.
- Take responsibility for the overall partner relationship and business outcomes.
Critical Success Factors
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple actions, projects, programs related to both Navis and ZPMC.
- Present and engage at an executive level with Navis and ZPMC management, respectfully and confidently. A credible peer to the client, not simply sales support
- Strong leadership and management skills, a true team member
- Understand how to proactively identify partner needs, develop collaborative proposals and presentations
- Listen well and reframe in order to ask insightful and relevant questions
- Proven ability to rapidly establish rapport and develop long lasting and effective business relationships, influence internally and externally
- Sell insight rather than rely only on quality
- Assist ZPMC in negotiating contractual agreements for mission critical software solutions and build strong partner business relationships at a senior level
- Near and long-term planning and execution skills. The position requires operational and tactical level work combined with a strategic focus on longer term initiatives.
- Leadership skills to align teams across the organization and deliver value-based programs and solutions.
- Organization and presentation skills to communicate effectively to the partner and internally at Navis on all aspects of the client engagement.
- Strong customer services skills; resolve partner considerations, which includes technology, automation, material handling, support and service issues.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with global and regional headquarters, as well as regional teams on executing the overall partner strategy.
- Communicate effectively: Writes and presents effectively, adjusts the message to fit the audience, persuasive in negotiating ideas and concepts.
- Focused on actions and outcomes: approaches everything with drive, energy, and a focus on revenue. Not afraid to take an educated decision even before all facts may be known.
- A proven track record in managing partners for an industry technology solution company is considered extremely important.
- Understanding of enterprise software sales, services or consulting solutions in maritime industry in China
- Specific experience with marine Terminal Operating Systems and/or with Navis software is considered quite advantageous.
- Knowledge of integrated solutions – both equipment and software – should stem from 8 to 10 years’ experience with such solutions as a software industry/company manager or executive, or as an operational user/consumer of integrated solutions in heavy industry.
- A solid understanding of the supply chain space, (ideally shipping value chain, container terminal operations, yard transport) is considered helpful. This includes an intimate understanding of the nature and challenges of developing, delivering and supporting mission critical integrated systems and solutions.
- Strong communicative skills in English
- Mandatory knowledge and work experience in China, along with visible Western cross-cultural aptitude.
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Commercial, Economics, Business Administration IT, Engineering or related fields. An advanced degree or advanced management training is preferred.
All interested individuals should send their updated resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. HHM affirms the principles of equal opportunity in employment. We do not discriminate against qualified candidates for any unlawful reasons, including race, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability and expect our clients to comply with non-discrimination policies.